It is essential to recognize the bugs you have as roaches if you want to know if you have a cockroach infestation. American cockroaches, German cockroaches, and oriental cockroaches are the three most common varieties of cockroaches found in dwellings in Columbia, with which a pest control maryland can help.
Differentiating an American cockroach from a German cockroach is easy. Roaches from the United States can reach two to three inches, while the largest German cockroaches reach no more than an inch. Roughly an inch in length is roughly average for an Oriental cockroach.
Table of Contents
Dangers to Your Health From Roaches
Infestations by cockroaches can spread disease. They contaminate whatever they touch with the bacteria and viruses in their excrement, which they then step in.
Cockroaches can spread various diseases, some of which are listed here.
- E. coli
Especially in youngsters, cockroaches are a major allergen and can trigger severe asthma attacks. You can learn if you are allergic to roach poop by taking an allergy test. Cockroach feces and pheromones can trigger an allergic reaction in some people.
Cockroach Avoidance in Five Easy Steps
Knowing how to prevent cockroaches if you have ever had an infestation or are worried about obtaining some unwelcome new housemates is crucial.
Here are five things you can do to keep cockroaches from making your house their new home.
- All perishables should be stored in sealed containers. Bread bags and cereal boxes are no match for Tupperware or comparable containers regarding roach resistance.
- Maintain a spotless cooking area. Kitchens that are untidy, with dishes drying in the sink, crumbs under the toaster, and spills on the counter, are perfect breeding grounds for cockroaches. Maintaining a clean environment might discourage Cockroaches and other pests from residence.
- Cockroaches can be avoided by repairing any leaky pipes. When you are done using the sink, wipe it down. To make your home less inviting to roaches, install a dehumidifier in the bathroom and any crawlspaces you may have.
- Close down all possible entryways to your house. Even when fully grown, German cockroaches can squeeze through incredibly narrow openings. Seal all the holes and gaps with the help of your caulking gun.
- Get rid of all the junk lying around your house. Roaches can be found in any dark, undisturbed place, including cardboard boxes and stacks of paper. Remove unnecessary items from your work area, including the desk, counters, tables, and nightstands.